In addition to trying to live greener at home, many of us are trying to make our offices more environmentally friendly as well. A greener workplace can mean a lighter ecological footprint, a healthier and more productive place to work, and good news for the bottom line. One way to make a difference in your workspace is to make some changes to how you use your lighting and electrical appliances.
Below is a list of recommendations that can help make your office a more sustainable place to work.
1. Regular Cleaning and Maintenance of electrical units, heating appliances and lighting fixtures start you off on the right note and improve the efficiency of your plant and machinery.
2. Ensure switches are labelled so staff are aware of switches that are relevant for use and won’t be switching on too many appliances or too much lighting.
3. Charge appliances or heating units overnight for cheaper rates of electricity.
4. Install Light Dimmers, so you can adjust for varying levels of natural light in the room.
5. Display lighting should only be installed for spot-lighting selected displays and not as general illumination. If you are in retail or hospitality, keep lighting on a reduced level and only switch on display lighting just before opening time.
6. Vending machines carrying non-perishable items can be set on a timer or switched off during off work hours or on weekends when the building is closed.
7. Energy light bulbs – invest in CFL, halogens and LED light bulbs to capitalize substantial long-term financial savings that should compensate for their higher prices. If in Europe this makes even more sense. A phased EU ban on incandescent bulbs has just been completed.
8. Install motion sensor lighting especially for storage cupboards, plant room lighting and other rarely used rooms are switched off by default.
9. Install Timers and Smart Control Systems that switch off devices when you are not using them. These work better with lighting devices, kitchen and heating appliances.
DevMar Products is Nashville, Tennessee based company with diverse environmentally friendly and healthy products. We work with Nursing Homes, Restaurants, Hospitality, Corrections, Nursing Homes and other companies. We have experience with Commercial/Industrial businesses as well. Allow our janitorial supplies, biohazard spill kits, green products, dry cleaning powders, and cleaning chemicals help keep your surroundings clean and safe. Our goal is to meet our customers’ fundamental and growing need for sustainable products and services. We are dedicated to creating healthier, more productive cleaning options with lower burdens on our natural resources. Contact us today to learn why we are the clean source for a safer, healthier environment.